Rounding up our most popular posts from 2017…
Thank you so much for joining us this year on our design, decorating and home staging adventures – the one year anniversary of this ‘new’ blog is coming up and to celebrate we are doing so with a round up of our most popular posts of the past year. We love and appreciate all of your comments, likes and feedback! We hope that our projects have inspired you in some way and we look forward to sharing even more in this coming year!
Here’s our 10 most popular posts from 2017
10. In July, we joined the $100 room challenge…Kristi designed a homework station just before her children headed back to school. The final results were super cute and we are so happy you liked them, too. Week 4: $100 Room challenge – Homework Station
9. In June, a project we had been working on since February was finally coming to a close. After all of the interior and exterior colour and material selections it was time to style this model townhome. The look was clean and fresh with lots of great textures and neutrals. a mix of modern and industrial – the final results were fabulous. Take the tour…Home Tour: Stittsville Walk
8. Home staging is a MUST (but if you have been reading our blog at all, you already know that). There are some simple ‘props’ that you can use to spruce up the look of your home and make it more attractive. We love to share home staging tips with you! 6 Best Props to Stage Your Home
7. What we are seeing every year is these new ‘hybrid’ styles of interior decor that are emerging each and every year. Scandinavian design has come back into fashion in a huge way but Industrial is still here – so what happened? The birth of Scandi-Industrial and it is a very popular look. Let us explain this ‘new’ look. What is Scandi-Industrial Home Decor Style?
6. Why is Farmhouse style so popular? Another look that was huge in 2017 and continues to be popular is Farmhouse style. We are both big fans but we still are able to put our own spin on the farmhouse look. If you ever wondered why this look was so popular – we did too!
5. We love home decor – it’s our passion but for some they just want a place that looks great and they don’t know quite where to start – that’s where we come in with our tips on what every living room needs….10 Things Every Living Room Needs
4. The kitchen is the heart of any home so it has to look good! We love the classic feel and the versatility of the white shaker kitchen – you can give this staple a farmhouse feel or a contemporary look it all depends on what you pair it with. Why the White Shaker Kitchen will Never be Out!
3. Millennial Pink had a big moment in 2017 and we sure loved it! Maddie certainly did – she certainly embraced the trend in her own home and we had to share some of our favourite rooms and decor pieces that celebrated the year of millennial pink. Millennial Pink Inspiration
2. You know that red and black checkered plaid that everyone seems to be rocking these days? Did you know it is called ‘Buffalo Check’? We love this winter inspired print in clothing but also in the home…make those cold and snowy winter days at home more inviting with this plaid. Decorating with Buffalo Check
and the number one post from 2017….The 8 Biggest Home Staging Mistakes to Avoid …home staging is a MUST (as you all know) but there are times when we can forget the basics of home staging and presentation. If you are selling your home – be sure to avoid these mistakes!
We hope you enjoy the little trip down memory lane with us and we will have even more to share in the up coming year. Cheers!